Sunday, December 29, 2013

Ipsy December Review

 Hello everyone! Welcome to another Jaqtastic Review! So sorry for the delays in my posting! I am having trouble with my hard drive for my laptop, so everything will not be posted in order.  Anyway, in case I haven't told you guys, I have recently cancelled most of my subscription services due to lack of funds. However, I have decided to keep Ipsy. It's just TOO good to give up.  With that said here is the...

                               D e c e m b e r   I p s y   R e v i e w


                                        Theme this month: Celebration!
The bag this month was absolutely gorgeous.  The black studded bag was sturdy, and inside was a lovely dark shade of red.  While the bag was not exactly as festive as the theme claimed it to be, it is perfect for most every day use and situations.  This will be given to my mother as a gift.

                                         The contents in the bag were as follow.


Be a Bombshell One stick in the color Girl Crush
I'm not really sure if I should feel excited or not about this product. I never wear blush, or highlighters, and this is far too sheer and bright to show any hint of color on my lips. It sparkles. A lot.
Rating:  ??

Demeter Roll on Perfume Oil in the scent Snow
I love Demeter! I have tried them previously before in another ipsy bag, and was glad I managed to get this one.  Snow is...well, not really a snow smell.  It does not smell bad, but it is a very strong scent after you apply on your skin. It reminds me a bit of rain, or after a rain shower when there is snow melting off the grounds. It is brisk, and sharp. It reminds me of flowers regrowing out of their winter coats.  It's a lovely smell indeed. However, I am unable to wear this too much or too long because I get allergies and headaches from the scent. If you DO love Demeter, you should check out their other scent: Salt Air, it's magnificent!
Rating: ✩ ✩ ✩  (3 Stars)


Pop Beauty Bright up your life Eye shadow Trio in the color Naturally Bare
I am a newbie to eye shadows, still I am very much willing to learn how to use them.  I was happy that I received these shades since I like going for a natural look. I have yet to properly try them though.
Rating: ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ (4 Stars)

NYX Creamy Lipstick in the color B52
While I have heard countless stories of how NYX is such a great brand, I have never tried them. So I was pretty ecstatic to be one of the lucky few who received this lipstick. The color I received was B52. The main website claims this is a pink creme color, and while I do agree that my initial impression was the same, upon applying it, I found the color to be more on a brownish color, with hints of red and purple in it. Though this may be due to how pale my skin is.

While the NYX lipstick was indeed creamy, the top end managed to snap off inside the cover. Aww. A bit too creamy there! The lasting power of this lipstick is pretty good too. I had trouble taking it off! But a few scrubs and wipes eventually pulled it off my face.

This was my favorite item in the bag! My mother is currently trying to take this off my hands- I'm not too sure! Here is a picture of me wearing this item.
Rating: ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ (4 Stars)

Nickak New York Nail polish in the color NY139
I have never heard of this brand before, but then again, I am not a nail polish user at all! (Nail biter here, oops).  The bottle is rather large, and tube like. The color is a deep royal looking red.  Perfect for the holidays.  It is a pity that I don't use products like this- this will be given to my mother.
Rating: ??

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Overall, I was pleased with this months bag.  What made it worth it was the perfume, the lipstick, and the eye shadow trio. For $10, this is a keeper for another month.  I do apologize for the lack of pictures, boo!

What is IPSY?
Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month.

If you can, and want, please use my referral link to sign up. Thanks if you do! Do NOTE: There IS a waiting list.

No comments:

Post a Comment