Friday, July 25, 2014

Jordana Color Envy Waterproof liquid Eyeliner Review + Swatches

Hello everyone! Welcome to another Jaqtastic Review! Today I will be reviewing The Jordana Color Envy eyeliner in the color 02 Brown Desire. Swatches are at the end of the post.

02 Brown Envy.

I recently went to Kmart and wandered to the beauty section, in hopes of buying a cheap eyeliner or two in replacement of my missing black liquid eyeliner.  I found this for $2.99 and immediately grabbed the only brown one available.  After all, I have dozens of black pencil eyeliners, I might as well snag a brown liquid one to see the difference between the browns and blacks.

Fortunately, I have heard of this brand during my adventures of Ipsy *, a monthly beauty subscription service for only $10 a month. I have heard good moderate reviews on this, so my experimentation with this brand began.

For it's price, I have to say, this is a moderately good product.  The brush is a fine point that delivers an easy to make thin line. However, I found that this product leaked a lot.  Upon application, it had so much excess product, that it would smudge on my lower lash lines and above on my crease. Besides that, it manages to easily drip to my lashes, in which it will harden and cause my lashes to become brittle and weak.  Yikes, right? I'm assuming this is due to the waterproof aspect taking effect.

Besides those cons, I found that this eyeliner does last hours, and once it settles it does not smudge at all. With a heat wave that struck humidity down on us rather harshly, I was surprised that this eyeliner lasted about 5 hours before it began to fade and chip off.  This is including sitting directly in front of the sun.  It lasts longer if you use a pencil liner to fill in the cracks, or on any areas that fade.

I would suggest having a cotton tip and makeup remover on hand, when using this eyeliner, especially if it manages to smudge around or dip down to your lashes. 

Overall, for a $3 product, I got what I paid for. While there were many flaws to it, I did like how it long it last, and how similar to black it looked, without looking as harsh on the eyes. I also loved how it didn't smudge.  Be warn, this product does chip and fade after a few hours!


S w a t c h e s
Arm Swatches. Super liquidy.
Left - Bathroom Lighting.
Right- Natural Lighting.

Me wearing the Jordana Color Envy eyeliner in 02 Brown Desire.


* This is a referral link.  If you sign up under it, you have my greatest thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment