Monday, January 19, 2015

Quick Ipsy Review (November & December 2014 + January 2015)

Hi everyone! Wow, I haven't posted in such a long time- but I do have a reason! I have been spending time with some family in a different area, and have been getting back into the art of drawing.

In any case, here are some quick reviews on my Ipsy subscription during the months of November, December, and finally this month of January. I have to say, my excitement for Ipsy has dropped substantially.




November Ipsy 2014
A photo posted by Jacqueline (@jaqinator) on
Items included:
Marc Anthony - Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Volume Shine Hairspray
Be a bombshell - eye base in Submissive
Elizabth Mott- You're so fine waterproof liquid eyeliner
J.Cat Beauty- Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion
Temptu- S/B Highlighter in Pink Pearl
* Swatches of the lip paint and the eye-base included. Keep in mind, the base took 4 swatches to show up that wait. The lip paint is one little dot.

I have to say, I was pretty pleased with Novembers bag.  The eye base was a winner for me- I love using gold eyeshadows a lot, so this base was super helpful. I have also found that it was nice to just use on its own, to add a bit of depth on my natural eyelidsIt had a nice and smooth consistency however I did notice that it took a lot of swipes to get much of any color.  I suppose that would be considered a good thing since it's a base.

 My next favorite was the J.Cat Beauty lip paint in Red potion. The color leans more on the vampy burgundy red color, and kind of reminds me of the Hikari lipstick we got in a previous bag. One biggest flaw I found in this lip paint was that it applies patchy on your lips and will settle on any dry skin your lips may have. Exfoliating prior to applying this helped a bit for me. This product is not completely matte.

My last favorite was the Elizabeth Mott eyeliner. I recently got to try it during Christmas time, and it was simply amazing.  There wasn't too much of a sheen on it, but it wasn't a pure matte eyeliner either. There were tiny bits of glitter, which again was not too noticeable. The brush is a fine tip point that made using it easier, and provided a better grip to make a sharper wing. The image below shows me wearing it, don't mind how splotchy it looks since I kept rubbing my eyes, ha. Which is another point- it takes a very strong hand to completely smudge or wipe it off, and I was out in the rain with this, and it did not smear around.

I don't have much of an opinion over the highlighter and hairspray- products I don't use at all.
A photo posted by Jacqueline (@jaqinator) on




December Ipsy 2014
A photo posted by Jacqueline (@jaqinator) on

Items included
Sexy Hair - Blow dry spray
Beauty without Cruelty- Facial cleanser
Cailyn Cosmetics- Just mineral eye polish in Orchid
NYX- Butter lip balm in Marshmallow
tarte- lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara

I was not pleased at all with the bag of December. The lip balm is from NYX and is always highly praised as being the best in regards to their lip products. Initially, I was excited and pumped to try it out, till I saw the color I received.  I received mines in 'Marhmallow', which is an orange nude color.  Orange or brownish lip colors do not match my skin tone and makes me appear sickly. The eye polish is extremely sheer and I'm not quite sure how to get more product out- but this is perhaps a fault in myself, rather than the product.  I don't use hair sprays nor mascara. The facial cleanser I have not tried yet.


January Ipsy 2015
A photo posted by Jacqueline (@jaqinator) on
Items included:
Elizabeth Mott- All over shadow brush
Nourish Organic- Renewing eye cream
BellaPierre- Shimmer Powder in Excite
Pacifica- Natural mineral coconut eye shadow in Treasure
MALIN+GOETZ- Mojito Lip balm

My January Ipsy for 2015! I'm severely tempted to just cancel the subscription. I have dozens of lip balms and bronze/gold eye shadows already. The shimmer powder doesn't show up at all on my pasty white skin and eye cream is just that. Eye cream.  It will be put to use, but I don't really like the Nourish Organic brand. Their products never seem to really work for me.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Pacifica eyeshadow.  One swipe and it shows, and it is a super nice smooth feeling. You are able to build up with it after 3 swipes. Compared to the other eyeshadow we got from this brand, this one is leagues better.


x-x
There you have it, have any of you decided to drop Ipsy? I feel they are no longer trying anymore. What a let down. 

x-x
 What is Ipsy?
Ipsy is a monthly subscription service for only $10 a month in which you receive deluxe and full-sized samples of beauty products.

If you would like to sign up, please use my referral link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1boz - thanks if you do! Note: There IS a waiting list.

No comments:

Post a Comment