Wednesday, September 2, 2015

TrimStyle 2 in 1 Razor Review

Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Razor

Like all razors and trimmers, you should always make sure you use something to moisturize and give a slick 'canvas' in order to ensure that it'll catch more hair.  I have been using this for a few months and found that it worked pretty well, if not a tad bit better than my previous razor.

The TrimStyle is a dual ended grooming item that has a razor on one end, and a trimmer on the other.  In the center, where you twist it off, lies the battery.  Do not worry, for the TrimStyle is waterproof and won't mess up if you use it in the shower.

The razor end is just like any female razor- it comes with a moisturizing strip to help shave off any hair. However I have found that this makes it become super sticky and it starts leaving too much residue that sticks everywhere.  I personally prefer using my own shaving cream or gel (or as a last resort- soap works too), rather than solely rely on the moisturizing strip of the razor.  Otherwise, I have found that this works perfectly fine and doesn't nip me. (*Note: I generally wet the area I'm going to shave, with hot water, which  tends to 'open up' the pores, and let the hair cut off smoothly. I do this first before applying any shaving cream or gel. )

The trimmer side was a new thing for me.  I have never used one before, and was a bit scared and hesitant.  The trimmer has a mini comb on it, that you can push up or take off completely.   For me, I found it easier to remove it all together, since it provided a easier trim.  I like it.  It trimmed close to the skin and didn't leave too much noticeable black  hair spots.  Also remember: Don't shave or trim against hair growth.  I have learned this the hard way, and got a few nips and cuts, and ingrown hairs.  I also found that this vibration was a bit too loud for me. (To be fair, this is because I live with my family, and they tend to question every little noise that comes from me.)

Overall, I really do like this.  The only downsides for me was that it the moisturizing strip leaves behind a sticky mess and that the trimmer end vibrated too loudly for my taste.  This, however, does not stop it from being a pretty great razor.  I think another positive is that this can be found for $10 in walmart. I'm not sure if that was on sale, or if it's the same in other stores.


*Note: I got this free from Bzzagent as part of the 'Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Razor' campaign. All opinions are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment