Friday, August 28, 2015

Double Review- April and May Ipsy 2015- LAST MONTHS

 Hi everyone! So sadly my streak with Ipsy has ended.  The last few months have been disappointing,  and I feel as if I keep getting the same item over and over. With that said, here are the double reviews of April and May Ipsy 2015.


x[ April Ipsy 2015 ]x
Contents:

JulieG- Nail Color in Damsel
A pretty hot pink color.  I don't use nail polish, so this will be given to a friend or to my mother.

Klorane- Dry shampoo with oat milk natural tint
I tried this a few times and didn't see any drastic result.  This left a streak of white powder in my hair, which I assume is the tint.  It smells fine but I would not repurchase.  

theBalm Cosmetics- NUDE Dude Eyeshadow Single in Flirty
What a gorgeous color this is! It's a brownish purple shimmer eyeshadow.  I am ashamed to admit it but I have not fully played with it.  It's too cute to mess up!

MicaBeauty- Eye primer
Basic eyeshadow primer.  Nothing too special.  I didn't notice anything dramatic about it.

Starlooks- Satin Finish Lip gloss in Cuddle
I'm pretty sure I received a starlooks lip gloss before in another bag. This looks like a copper brown-neutral type of color.

Bonus Item:  NYX Cosmetics Butter lipstick in - Susie Pop
I kind of love this lipstick.  It's a nice hot pink that you can layer up to make it more bolder and almost neon.  I love how smooth this lipstick is, and doesn't go into the creases of my lips.

All the items together.
Opened eyeshadow and primer.




x[ May Ipsy 2015 ]x
Contents:
Briogeo- Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray
I have not touched this.  I have received so much hair products over the past few months, it's getting hard to review them all when I can't put too much things in it, due to psoriasis in my scalp. 

Urban Decay- 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil in Ozone (+ sample of Revolution high color lipgloss)
This lip pencil goes on clear and will help prevent feathering (when the lipstick runs around and smudges everywhere).  This is always great to have on hand, especially when dealing with darker bold colors such as purple or red.  I have not tried any of the sample glosses.

BellaPierre Cosmetics- Waterproof Mineral Gel Eyeliner Pencil in Ebony
This has become my go-to eyeliner.  This is a nice gel eyeliner in a charcoal-black looking color. You can use it in the waterline or on the eyelid and it won't smudge nor flake.  It can last a few hours on your eyes without looking faded, even in extreme hot humid weather.  The only downside for me is that the pencil tip is super soft and breaks off easily. 

AMIE- Morning Dew Matte- Finish Mositurizer
I have not tried this.

Luxie Beauty - Tapered Blending Eye brush 205
This is such an amazing brush.  Usually I would never say this because I don't see the 'big deal' about brushes.  But after trying this for weeks, and feeling it...it has become my go-to eyeshadow brush.  The handle is a nice smoothie/pastel looking pink, whereas the bristles are super soft to the touch.  When I use this to blend my eyeshadow, it doesn't pull or prick at my eyes (compared to the cheap $1 ones you can find).



Overall:  These were my final months of Ipsy.  I cancelled it because I was getting the same type of thing over and over, and most of them will never be used.  On the plus side, I did managed to find a few favorite items within these last two months, but I don't think it was worth all that money.

Bonus Image:

A photo posted by Jacqueline (@jaqinator) on
Image above shows me wearing: 
Used: Luxe 205 tampered blending brush (from ipsy)
Wearing:  Bella pierre cosmetics gel eyeliner in Ebony (from ipsy),  Nyx butter lipstick in Little susie (from ipsy)


No comments:

Post a Comment