Friday, June 5, 2015

Double Review- February and March Ipsy 2015

Hello everyone! Welcome to another Jaqtastic Review! Today I will be reviewing the February and March Ipsy bags of 2015. So late. I need to find a better way to transfer my phone pictures.


February Ipsy 2015
This months bag was one of the only ones I liked all year.  Its a diamond patterned pink and grey bag.  I have no idea what type of material it is, but it was sturdy enough. 

Contents:
Emite Make up - Professional Eye Lash Curler
I don't use products like this and frankly after many reports of this breaking apart on people...I just threw it away in some corner. I'm not willing to risk someone I care about, or me , to hurt themselves over this.

ModelCo- BLUSH Cheek Powder
This is such a beautiful peachy gold! It really is too bad that I don't wear blush at all. Though this is making me want to go out and try it.

Demeter Fragrance Library- First Love Roll On Perfume Oil
At first I didn't like how this smelled. It was overly sweet and floral and kind of a generic scent you'll recognize when you randomly walk by someone.  It reminds me a bit of how detergent smells like. However, after trying a few times and letting it linger on my skin longer, I found that I might like this.  It starts off sweet, but ends in a clean 'after shower' type of scent.  It's nice I suppose.

City Color- Creamy Lip Stain in Flirtini
This was perhaps my favorite item in the whole bag. Which, to be fair, is not really at all surprising since I am a lip junkie. The stain was super pigmented, as you can see in the swatch above, and such a gorgeous pink. It is creamy, and a little goes a long way. The downside is that it smells horribly of chemicals.

Mitchell and Peach- Fine Radiance Face Oil
I like using face products, however I never got to try this.  I already have too much face oils to try out. Still, these are always useful.


Overall, the month of February was not too exciting.  I have not found myself reaching for any of the products.


                                                               March Ipsy 2015
The month of march had another loely bag.  It was blue and floral, and kind of abstract looking.

Contents:

Pur lisse beauty- Pur Delicate gentle soymilk cleanser & Makeup remover
My second favorite item in the bag. I like carrying this in my purse, to use it to get rid of any messed up makeup on my face.  This didn't cause any sort of reaction to my face and it did get rid of any sunscreen or eyeliner I had on.  It left my skin smooth.


St. Ives-  Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub
I have heard that this is bad to put on your skin, so I have not put this on my face.  However, I have tried this on my arms and legs, and it works decently enough.  It is super gritty, and feels like rubbing stones all over, but it smells pretty good.  I have a Mango one as well, so I use both.

Evelyn Iona Cosmetics - Concealer
As much as I was excited to finally try a concealer, this was not a match for me.   This concealer is super sheer, and too dark for my skin. 

NYX CosmeticsButter lipstick in POPS
I have seen this raved constantly and was never too sure if it was actually that good. I had tried one of their other non butter lipsticks prior to this and never liked the consistency of it.  My worries were thrown out the window after trying this.  This has become one of my go to lipsticks when I'm looking for a more natural but colored type of look. 

At first I was disappointed I was getting a nude color, but on my lips it comes out to look very mauve and pinkish.  The best part is how build-able it is, and hydrating feeling. I liked it so much I ended up using my IPSY points to buy the other color they were giving out (I think it was little susie).

Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind- Illuminating Face Highlighter
While this a gorgeous highlighter, this isn't used as much.  I do use this sometimes when I apply eyeshadow, and it gives off a lovely pink sheen.





Overall this month was decent. Not too wow-ing.   Do note: April and May were my lasts months with ipsy, so the next Ipsy post will be my last one with them.  I will be reviewing one birchbox, and some random stuff I got to review.  I hope everyone has a lovely day. (:


No comments:

Post a Comment