Monday, July 25, 2016

RealHer Moisturizing Lipstick Review

RealHer Moisturizing Lipstick
Hello everyone! Long time no see. I blame summer and all this lovely weather.  In any case, I got this lipstick at a discount, however all opinions are my own. 


I am Powerful, rawr.

The RealHer moisturizing lipstick comes in a dual white and black colored packing- completely squared. It's rather sleek and pretty modern looking. I really like this simple look.

I got the color, 'I am powerful', which is described as a 'wine' color. What exactly is wine colored? I'm not sure. In the image, it appeared as a very dark brownish red.  In person, its an almost burgundy type of red, however, it is lighter than I thought it would be.  (In a yellow light setting, the lipstick looked more pink based).

First off. A lip scrub/lip balm should always be applied when using any type of lipstick.  I found that applying it with some type of brush gives you better results.    If you apply it straight out of the tube, it layers on thickly, and goes deep into the wrinkles of your lipsIt does feather around the corners of your lips after some time, so  for this reason a lip liner would have been ideal.

Still. I'm not sure what to describe this type of lipstick, but it's semi matte.  While it does settle into the lines of your lips, it's not too uncomfortable. It does moisturize your lips and doesn't leave it feeling dry and sore. 

Now, do be careful.  The lipstick does smudge around, and it does leave a slight stain (I learned this the hard way, and ended up coming out as a clown, ouch).  If you let it sit for a few minutes, it holds out a bit longer, and won't get affected by water (unless you scrub super hard - just use makeup remover). This lipstick can hold for a few hours before it needs to be reapplied.

Swatches
A gorgeous matte type of lipstick.

Smudged all around. A lip liner would work here.

Overall, I really do love this color. I feel like it'll go nicely with most, if not all, skin tones.  I don't hate this product, however I do think the formula can be improved since it settles too much and is too thick.  And while this lipstick does settle in,  it doesn't suck out every moisture and leave you drier than a desert. Still. There are tons of lipsticks that are rather similar to this in color.

You can get this lipstick for $12.99 on amazon or via their website online.
They claimed that this lipstick is
"Certified Cruelty Free
Free of Parabens, Petro Chemicals, Synthetic Fragrances, Lead, Talc, Gluten, and Phthalates" and is made in the USA.


If anyone has any questions, do let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment