Thursday, February 27, 2014

February PopSugar Must Have Review

Hello everyone! Welcome to another Jaqtastic Review.  Today, I will be reviewing the February month (last month for me) of the Popsugar subscription.  I found that many people were extremely disappointed with this box, however, because I only paid $20 (yay discounts!) for this box, I was semi pleased.

Overview of everything.
 Contents of box:



 Must Have Fashion
Gorjana Brooks Jewelry Roll
What a beauty! I love this, despite not being a fan of necklaces, bracelets,  or rings.  I decided to use this as a travel makeup bag, and used the first two pouches to hold my eyeliners, lipbalms, and lip sticks.  It is sturdy, and uses two strings to hold it together. You wrap it around the clutch two times, then tie the ends up. I really do like this! I have been using this since I got it, and keep it tucked into my purse. Great thing is, you can even hold your cell phone or id in here too.



 Must Have Beauty
Nourish Organic Ppure Hydrating Argan Face Serum
Ah. This is lovely, it really is.  This serum is said to hydrate, soften, and brighten your skin and even out your complexion.  It is said to be used by itself, daily, or under your daily moisturizer. 

I'm not sure if this is a full sized product, perhaps a deluxe? It is 0.7 oz, and honestly I'm not sure how long this will last me.  I recently tried this on after a shower when my face felt all dried out and whoa. My face feels amazing! It was indeed soften afterwards, but left a bit of an oily residue (especially on my fingers).

There is a strong sweet orange fruitiness from it. After it settles into your skin and pores, the orange fades away, and a sweet, slight rose smell, takes place.  Perhaps my scent of smell is wrong though, since this is made with apricots not oranges, haha. 




Must Have Home
K Hall Designs Peony Travel Candle
Ohhh. Oh no. I don't like candles, especially those that are too flowery.  My allergies won't be happy with this.  I never associated Peony with any smells, until I smelled this.  It's horrid. It reminds me too much of bathrooms and cleaning products.  While there is a fresh scent to it, the floralness is sharp and takes over. 

This candle has a burn time of 20 hours, so if you're into this type of scent, great! It'll be perfect for use in areas that were just cleaned spotless.

Personally this gives me too much of a headache, so I will be gifting this to my mother or father.



Must Have Beauty
Modelco Lip Pops Duo Lip Gloss and Lipstick
This was the one product I was most excited about because I am such a lip junkie (I love any lip product). But I got disappointed quickly with the nude/neutral color of this.  Still, I tried it on. The lipstick itself is nice for a base, and gives other lipstick colors a pop to it.  The lip gloss portion is very sticky, but still pretty nice.  It smells pretty good too. 

I will update this when I experiment with it more.



Must Have Beauty
NCLA Rodeo Drive Royalty Nail Polish
Nooooo. Why? Why why? It seems as if every subscription I try HAS to throw a nail polish in there. I don't like or wear nail polishes.  And frankly, I don't think I ever will (chronic nail biter here).  

This is in the color "Rodeo  Drive Royalty" and is in a very dark bloody red.  It reminds me of boldness and vampires. It is indeed a lovely shade, but unfortunately not for me!  Will be gifted to my mother.


Must Have Food

Sugarwish Mini Red Cinnamon Hearts
What is there to say about this? This is a classic. A treat I used to have all the time when I was younger! This is loved by both my parents too, so this would be a nice gift for either of them.  If I'm in a selfish mood, I probably will just dump the bag into my purse as a road snack.

"Always expect something sweet is about to happen."

Special Extra

Dial Vitamin Boost Body Wash
I'm not sure why many people seemed displeased about this, but I love this! It smells amazing; an overwhelmingly sweet kiwi scent floats out the moment the cover is snapped opened.  I can never have too many body wash products, so this will definitely be used.




 OVERALL:
While I was not the most excited person when I opened this box, I did like half of the contents. The body wash, lip duo, and jewelery bag WILL be used and kept.  The nail polish, candle and candy will be given away to my parents as gift. So either way, it is a win-win situation.  What makes it easier for me to accept this box is that I only paid $20 for it with a discount code. My suggestion? Wait till there is a code floating around before you buy this service.  Many times, you will be underwhelmed or disappointed with the amount/quality of the boxes.





Do your research!

 What is Popsugar?                     

"Hand-selected items in beauty, fashion, home, fitness, and food ||Full-size products and premium items || Only $39.95 a month, with free shipping"
Category: Lifestyle, beauty, fashion, fitness, food
Price: $39.95
Referral Link: Please click here to join. Thanks if you use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment