Saturday, February 1, 2014

MemeBox 3rd Edition Review

Hello Everyone! Welcome to another Jaqtastic Review! Today I will be reviewing a relatively new Beauty/Skincare Subscription service from Korea, that just launched here, in the USA.

By the way, does any one like my new little logo? Haha, decided that was a more cuter way, besides putting the website name, on my photos. Picture is from my deviantart account.

Anyways! Here is my review of:
M e m e   B o x   3 r d   E d i t i o n

Great mixture of both beauty and skincare products!

Contents in Box:


Dear By Enprani Bounce Cheese Cream
"A facial cream that has very unique bounce texture from high concentration of milk serum. Milk Serum, also known as Whey, is a good source of natural protein that perfectly hydrates and firms your skin." 

Smells a bit like baby powder, which is not at all a bad thing. It reminds me of a soft and smooth smell. It has a hint of a feminine touch to it, but I really can't put my finger on the exact scent.  The texture DOES resemble that of mozzarella cheese, so that's pretty cool!

I have not officially tried using this, but I will update this post when I do. (: Most likely will use in during my trip in two weeks.




Dr. Jahrt V7 Eye Serum
"Brightens the skin an enhances the puffiness of eye contour"
I have never used an eye serum before, so I decided to pass this on to my mother who tends to have very black bags under her eyes. This will be perfect for her!


Eye Serum.


Tonymoly Delight Tony Tint Red
"Best selling lip tint in Korea. It instantly gives vivid red color on your lip with single touch. It creates a gradient lip known as Korean Lip."

How adorable is this? This is a sample size, I'm assuming, but it will last me a good while.  The cover of this tube is shaped in a heart.

A little goes a long way! This is a very vibrant lip tint, and it is amazing.  Many people are saying how it smells like strawberries, or cherries, but for me it reminds me of jolly ranchers and watermelon. There is a herby after scent, which gives it a very fresh smell overall.  The color itself is pure, bold, red.  It is smudge able for the first few seconds after applying it, but if you let it sit on your lips for a while, it doesn't smudge all over. It does, however, fade and lighten. Though give it a few minutes, and pretty soon it sets in for good. (I had trouble getting the dot off my hand, haha!)


Edit:  So after trying this out a few times, I have noticed something strange about this.  After a while, it does settle and crease into your lips! Especially during these winter days! I applied this one cold day (after applying lip balm), during my trip in Boston, and let me tell you...my lips looked like it was destroyed by an angry dog. Yikes. Lip balm did not salvage or save it (before or afterwards).  I'm not sure if this was due to being combined with a lip balm (a sephora one). Other than that, I would suggest to use this when your lips are fully moisturized.

Bold is beautiful. So is red.


Banila Co. Sample Pack
"It Radiant Kit is a perfect routine to create radiant skin with dewy glows"

This sample comes with: Banilla Co Brightening Cream, CC cream, and CC in Melting Pact.  These are rather generous sizes and should last for a while. (For me at least, since this is the first time I have tried a CC item). This pack will hydrate your skin and even out texture, cover skin complexion and radiate your skin.

I have not tried this yet, but will update this post when I do. 
Use in the order: Brightening Cream, CC cream, then CC melting pact.




Aritaum The professional Eyelash 

"These lashes naturally add length and build volume"

I have notice that there was a variety of lashes that you could have gotten in this box.  I received the 'Clear Brown No. 8 Deep brown'. I personally have no idea if this will even suit me because I have never wore false lashes before.  I am a brunette, so maybe it will? Who knows, I might try this someday.

Will update this post when I do try them out. If not, I might just pass these to my mother, but I AM curious about it.






Secret Key Twinkle Waterproof Gel Pencil Liner in the color Deep Black
"This combination allows you to draw a precise and an intense eye line in a single touch. Smooth Application is desirable for sensitive eye area"

Yay! Eyeliner! I love eyeliners, and actually have been needing a new, higher quality one. This is a black gel eyeliner in pencil format, which has a glitter and silver undertone to it.  I'm not really sure how precise this really is, since I am a clutz and tend to jab and stab every corner of my face when I am applying eyeliner. ((: Still, I do love using eye liner pencils for a simple look.

Edit:  Okay, so I have been using this pretty much obsessively since I got this.  It has came to the point where...well, the pencil no longer has a point. Haha. I have to sharpen it again.  This pencil is pretty much amazing. It does run smoothly on your lids and is not too sharp of a black.  The glitter is not too strong either.  What I like most about this is that while it is smudge able (great for the corners of your eyes), it does set after a while, and will not bulge. I noticed that it did not smear under sweat or heat, so that was pretty nice too.   After the end of the day, I was able to wipe it off with hot water (when I didn't have my makeup remover on hand).

I used this for my upper and lower lids, and then use a silver eyeliner for the inner and outer corners of my lower lids.

Black and sparkly. Who doesn't love this combo?



Nuganic Cutomized Sunblock Fresh SPF 50 PA +++
"3-in-1 sun protection with brightening and anti-wrinkle properties. This lightweight sun protection allows you to protect your skin while enhancing your skin complexion and firms your skin from single application. "

Ah! So happy this was in the box! I have been needing to get some sun block for my upcoming trip, however it is rather expensive buying ones that have SPF 50.  This will be great for me- I tend to turn into a ripe tomato when I am under the sun too much. Ouch. 

Will update this post in the upcoming weeks with my opinion and how much this sun block worked on me.


For days out in the sun. Perfect!



Papa Recipe Princess Lip Gel Patch
"Ultra-hydrating gel patch specially designed for lip.  It gives an intense moisturizing and nourishing on your lip and perfectly prepares lip for make-up."

I can honestly say that I am confused over this product. This is sort of like a lip mask that you place on your lips, and let it sit for 10-20 minutes.  Once you remove the patch, you tap on it lightly to help absorption. I'm not sure if this is a one use type product like face masks are? If so, I will try it eventually.  I'm not sure if using this one time will reveal any drastic results, but it'll be fun to test it out!

What a princess is most likely to wear.


O V E R A L L 
I loved this box. Loved it so much that I ordered the 4th edition! Which I will put up a review soon of.  Overall, I paid about $29, and received about $80+ worth of items.  There was a good variety of both makeup and skincare in this one, however do note. Memebox is primarily a SKINCARE box.  It is indeed worth it though. Don't believe me? Check out the thread on the Makeuptalk forums (; You'll see how addicting and loveable this box is.


What is Memebox?                                               
Memebox is an online beauty retailer expanding the horizon of makeup, fragrance, skin, body, and health care products from Korea for men & women
Category:  Makeup, fragrance, skincare, beauty
Price: The price varies if you are buying within the shop, or if you're buying a Memebox Global Edition. The memebox itself is $23 + shipping and handling.
Link to site: Click here to go to Memebox!

Note* If there are any errors in my post, please tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment