Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Ipsy January Review

Hello Everyone! Welcome to another Jaqtastic Review! Today I will be reviewing the January bag of Ipsy.  Now, I'm not sure if anyone has come across some of the forums, but many people did not seem pleased by this months contents. Whether it be because of the ridiculously small samples, or because the bag smelled of an extreme nasty plastic scent. Either way, here is my review!

 I p s y   J a n u a r y
Theme: 19 Reasons
The bag itself is a baby sky blue color, with pictures of products lined across as if it were a makeup city. The bag does not smell pleasant, in fact, I would advice putting your face anywhere near it. 


Contents of the bag:



Absolute! Makeup Cleansing Tissue in the scent pomegranate
I was on the fence about this product. I wasn't too excited to be receiving it however this will be extremely useful for me because I will be going out the country soon.  I have heard that these are small wipes, smaller than usual, but I'm hoping I can still cut them in half in order to make it last longer.
10 Wipes. Perfect for travel.

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep conditioning mask
A mask that is made to repair your dry and damaged hair, even those that are chemically treated. It is made with avocado, almond and argan oils, rosehip oils, and vitamins.

I have never heard of a hair mask before, but I'm going to assume it works the same as a conditioner.  Though it is an extremely small sample, this will be great for at least two uses for my long hair, while I am out the country.
Small sample. Enough for 2 uses.

Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow in penny
Aww! Look how cute it is! It is a super tiny, travel friendly, eye shadow pencil in the color Penny. A nice light, copper and shimmery color that glides on easily. It does leave a rather glittery finish, however, I am excited to try this! I am a makeup noob, and have been dying to try out all sorts of eye shadow products. This is pretty neutral too, so it should work on most, if not all, skin colors.

I am confused though, do you sharpen these?
Super tiny! Great for traveling, or to place inside your purse.


MicaBeauty Tinted Lip Balm in Natural
I love lip products, so of course I was excited to be receiving this! I am not too thrill on the natural shade, and was hoping for the other one with more color, but I'm still happy.  I don't tend to enjoy lip balms in these containers though, because I don't have any lip brushes and thus, must use my fingers.  It is hard to get any product on my finger and it feels pretty drying. I have not tried it on my lips yet,  so here's hoping it doesn't chap and dry my lips even further. 

Natural.
Natural.

Nourish Organic Lightweight moisturing face lotion
Ah! Another cute and tiny sample! Again, it is travel friendly, and it smells a bit like oranges. This sample appeared almost empty, and when I squeezed some out, it took a lot of effort just to get anything.  I personally did not feel any effect, nor did it feel even more moisturized but that is probably because I have a combination skin.
So tiny! But great for my upcoming trip!


Overall, this was an okay month. I do wish that there were more makeup products, rather than skincare, but this was a great way for me to try things I actually did need, or have thought about trying. For 10$ a month, I am pleased, and can't be too upset. All of the products will be put to use, so that is a plus.


What is IPSY?
Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month.

If you can, and want, please use my referral link to sign up. Thanks if you do! Do NOTE: There IS a waiting list.

No comments:

Post a Comment