Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bare Fruit Apple Cinnamon Chips Review (Goodies Co December Box)



Hello Everyone! Welcome to another Jaqtastic Review! Today, I will be reviewing one of the items that was in the Goodies Co December Box.

What is Goodies Co?
For just a $7/month subscription including taxes and shipping, the Goodies Co. box features 5-8 delicious new foods hand-picked and delivered directly to your doorstep. You get to receive a surprise every month, sample new foods and expand your palate without breaking the bank. We always try to include a wide variety of foods, from healthy, organic, artisan, and international.
*Goodies Co is currently invite only. Meaning, you'll need to wait about 2+ weeks AFTER signing up to get accepted.

Now that you know what it is, on to the review! (;

I never tried this before, but I kept an opened mind and hyped myself into believing this would be the most amazing snack ever. Big mistake.

I managed to break the bag open after struggling with it for 10 minutes. Once again, I am left disappointed by the air and chip ratio. Sigh. A strong whiff of a fresh garden of vegetables hit me. I didn't smell any note of Cinnamon. Hm. I thought perhaps I wasn't close enough to the bag, and so, I shoved my face into it, in hopes of smelling the delicious cinnamon. Second Mistake.

My face automatically cringed. Uuh, now THAT is NOT a pleasant smell. I still have NO idea what gave it such a strong sour note.

The chip itself is super hard, and brownish in coloring. I guess the cinnamon? The chip is crunchy and crackles nicely under the pressure of your teeth. A weird strong apple flavor is present, however I don't taste the cinnamon. Perhaps that strange taste that hits me afterwards is it? Who knows. Did NOT like this product at all. neither did my brother. My mom loved these so it didn't go to waste.

Overall: Personally, this was the worst item in Decembers Goodies box.

No comments:

Post a Comment