Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pop Beauty Plump Pout Review + Swatches

Hello everyone! Welcome to another Jaqtastic Review. Today I will be reviewing the Full sized Pop Beauty Plump Pout, that was sent to me because of the issue with the mini size one that was sent last month in the February Ipsy Bag. Click here to read about the issue.

Came with a note. Said note is the same response that they sent by email.

This is the Pop Beauty Plump Pout (Full Sized) in Fuchsia Freesia. It is a liquid Lipstick Stain that is said to have a long wear and a bright shine.

Wicked big sized!  If you notice, the color is also more brighter and barbie pink than the mini size that was sent out. The full size it far wider, but also thinner.

The other difference? It surely does smell fantastic! Whereas the mini version held a scent of gasoline and burnt rubber, this one smells sweetly of vanilla frosting.

This liquid lip stain applies smoothly, and you immediately begin to feel a tingly sensation. The plumping action.  Though I am not too much of a fan of plumping products, I have to admit, I am in love with this lipstick stain. It is pretty moisturizing but is a bit on the sticky side.

 Perhaps because of the color itself, but it matches nicely on me! It is not so bright that it diverts all the attention straight to the lips, but bright enough to give you a nice pink gloss.  With one coating of it, I was able to get a good layer of color. With two coatings, it got a more darker and bolder pink color. 

The downside is that it does not last as long as it claims.  Every time I went to drink a cup of coffee, the gloss transferred over to the cup. Even after waiting a few minutes for the gloss to settle.


  S w a t c h e s

On my arm.

On the lips. Beautiful bright Pink!
Me wearing the  gloss with eyeliner.
And finally! Worn with eyeliner! Under direct sunlight with no filtering.  So it stays true to it's coloring.

Overall, this is a way different product compared to the mini size. I have taken to using this product daily with my Secret Kiss Twinkle Waterproof Gel Pencil Liner (From a previous MemeBox), and recently have tried wearing it with my new Chella Indigo Blue Eyeliner Pen (From my March Ipsy Bag. Review will be up soon.).  It suits many styles, and I think it's pretty much perfect for the new spring weather, yes? The only downside for me was the short wearing time. I don't enjoy reapplying lip products over and over, especially with the tingly plumping it gives you.

No comments:

Post a Comment