Saturday, February 9, 2013

Graze Box 2 Review- A nature/healthy snacks weekly subscription box!

Hello everyone! Welcome to another Jaqtastic review! I will be reviewing my second Graze Nibbler box- I have to say, this one was not as exciting.
Here is a link to what this box consisted of: https://www.graze.com/us/b/G3XZ5



What was inside:
Bonnie Wee oatbakes
red onion marmalade with cheese and chive oatbakes
So, when I first heard of Graze, I was excited to try out all the dippers. They looked yummy and SO amazing, however when I opened this the smell caught me off guard. It was different, and unique but not necessarily in a good way. The sauce itself tasted like someone dumped a batch of onions in bbq sauce. Sounds good? Yeah, no. The sauce was horrible. Taking the oatbakes, I dipped it in...and proceeded to gag and cough it out. Horrible. Automatically in my trash list. This is truly a LOVE or HATE snack.

Summer berry compote
berry compote with wholemeal shortbread dippers
When I first tried it, I thought it was average tasting. I decided to leave it in the fridge overnight, and whoa, what a difference it made! The super berry flavor came out, and was sweet, but not overwhelmingly so. The smell reminds me of those fruity gummy candy. The short bread is a bit bland, but mmm, it was addicting and tasty dipped into the berry compote. Goes to my love list.

Billionaires shortbread
fudge pieces, blanched almonds, milk chocolate drops and cranberries
This also went to my loves list. I never tried cranberries before, and was surprised by how good it was. There wasn't a strong overbearing flavor to it. As always, the chocolate and fudge were pretty darn good. The almonds were my only 'icky' factor. I don't like almonds, or most nuts in general. This had no flavor at all, so no lost there.

Nacho libre
salsa almonds, cheesy sombreros and jumbo chilli corn
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the corns in the Graze boxes? Because seriously, they are always amazing and crunchy. (Anyone tasted the Inka Corn from a previous Love with Food box? They taste like those, but more flavorful). Chili corn was super tasty with a salty kick at the end. Again, don't like almonds, but the salsa seasoning made it a tad bit bearable. The cheesy sombreros were a tricky one. They were okay tasting at first, but took a rather weird route towards the end. Not sure how I feel about those. This goes to my like list.

Here is the nutritional card.

Btw guys! Just received my Graze Nibbler box 3 in the mail (: Here is a link if you want to view what I got before I review it.
http://grz.cm/b/4LXBW

----

What is Graze?

To put it simply, Graze is a weekly subscription service, in which you choose from over 90 healthy snacks to be delivered to your home. There are two options to choose from- The NibbleBox and The LightBox. The best part is that it is ONLY 5$ a week. The downside? Graze is invite only. Sad, right?

Good news though, I have a referral code you can use to get your FIRST MONTH FREE. :D Great way to see if it suits your fancy. Here is the downside: Only 2 people can use this code. So hurry!

Referral code: 5YNN5YM
Link to site: http://www.graze.com/us

No comments:

Post a Comment